Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Beginning of the School Year!

This summer has been amazing and I've learned so much from my months working at Sunnyluck Farms and Laughing Buck Farm, and now the school year is starting again and unlike a lot of students, I can't wait to get started, because I know I'll be able to explore what I'm interested in!

This year I have a few projects that I am planning on. I'm going to be continuing to work at Sunnyluck Farms and Laughing Buck Farm (Laughing Buck Farm is adding some additional lesson programs this fall, and I hope to teach some of the new lesson students how to ride), I'm in 4-H with Clifford again, and I'm hoping to get a program started with another Innovation Lab student to let any kids ride and interact with horses that want to. Horses are expensive, especially with the cost of hay right now, so a lot of kids can't afford lessons or leasing, and very few can afford to own, however horses are also one of the best stress relievers around, so we believe that everyone should have access to them, because it can only be a positive thing. We have a meeting about that tonight, so hopefully we can get the ball rolling and I can provide more info soon!

Enjoy the rest of your summer, I'm ready to see the changing leaves and some cooler weather!

Links:
Laughing Buck Farm Facebook
Sunnyluck Farms Website



No comments:

Post a Comment