Saturday, April 28, 2012

In the Works

Right now I have a few major things going.

#1: I am an intern at Sunnyluck Farms here in Fort Collins where they specialize in reining. I help Sabrina exercise the horses, and start colts mostly. I'm there as much as I can be, and I am learning so much and thoroughly enjoying every bit of it! I also take lessons on my horse Clifford from her once a week. Their website is http://sunnyluckfarms.com/
Working Kit Kat in the round pen
#2: I work off as much of my board as I can at Laughing Buck Farm (they can be found on facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/LaughingBuckFarm ) filling in for lessons or barn duties when need be, and working with the horses and ponies.

Working with B (horse crazy girl that I give lessons to, and who acts as my legs to ride the little feisty ponies that I'm too big for) and Lady

#3: I am in 4-H with Clifford and am currently planning a show schedule for this summer, including the Larimer County Fair.


#4: This is the biggie. My main project for this school year will be starting a program with my friend Natalie where all kids can go to learn about horses in a safe and supervised environment without having to pay. We are planning on having a focus on at risk and abused kids as we believe that animals or all sorts, but especially horses, are extremely healing and therapeutic for a lot of people. It's looking like it's going to be a facility in Loveland, but the exact location is yet to be determined. Our progress with the program will be documented on this blog.


***First picture was taken by Sabrina of Sunnyluck Farms, and last two were taken by Rosemary of Laughing Buck Farm***

No comments:

Post a Comment